Reference numberLH000360DescriptionView of High Street looking West. (colour). Note: Manning Chambers, built 1906, architects Cavanagh and Cavanagh; builders Abbot and Rennie. Atwell Buildings. According to the F.C.C. Town Planning department a new shopfront was built on Nos 148, 150 and 152 (Lot 329) in 1895. In 1905 the buildings on Nos 138, 140, 144 and 146 (Lot 329A) were demolished and re-erected during January 1906. The building on Nos 148, 150 and 152 was therefore incorporated into the overall concept forming the existing long facade. In 1929 the arcade shops were constructed. The arcade is built on the site of former livery stables.Date1950Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection
Click on the image to add a tag or press ESC to cancel
View of High Street looking West (1950). City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 18/03/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/15474