Reference numberLH000912DescriptionThe Royal Hotel, in East Fremantle, was built by J. Vetter (Ellen St., Fremantle) at a cost of 5200 pounds for the Mulcahy Brothers. It was opened 12.10.1903 with Joe Tippett as Licensee. Later the association with George Street and the flagship Royal George led to the change in name to the Royal George.Date1906Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection
Click on the image to add a tag or press ESC to cancel
The Royal Hotel (later Royal George Hotel) (1906). City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 19/03/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/16110