Reference numberLH000997CDescriptionOriginally built as a Lunatic Asylum in stages from 1861, the building was designed by Lieutenant Colonel E Y W Henderson and built by convicts. After 1908 the Lunatic Asylum became a home for old women. In 1942 it was occupied by American service men. It was restored in 1970 to 1972 and used as an Art Centre and Museum.Date1978PhotographerNucolor Vue ProductionsPhotograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection