Reference numberLH001007DescriptionUnion Stores began trading on the corner of High and Henry Streets about 1896. In 1898 a staff of 31 was employed. In 1901 Union Stores had a single storied bull nosed verandah, but by February 1914, there were verandahs on upper and lower floors with decorative wrought iron. They ceased trading in 1972 and the building was purchased by the City of Fremantle in 1984 and restored.Date1919Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection