Reference numberLH001061ADescriptionMr R Stokes at the controls of the glider. The Fremantle Gliding Club was formed in 1931 and this seaplane glider was constructed by club members. The club used South Beach. The Hydrodrome, in the background, was built in 1916 as an annexe to the No 8 Australian General Hospital on Fremantle Oval. It was demolished and rebuilt at South Beach, opening January 1923. There were change rooms on the ground floor and tearooms and a dance floor upstairs. The Hydrodrome was demolished after storm damage and general deterioration in 1964.Date1933Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection