Reference numberLH001203DescriptionDecorated horses and carts outside the Esplanade Hotel. Marine Terrace was the assembly point for processions and pageants. The Esplanade Hotel was originally built (c1880) for Philip Webster and occupied by Symon, Hammond and Hubble (merchants) from the late 1880s. It was converted into a hotel 1895/1896 with William Meadley as the first proprietor.Date1900Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection