Reference numberLH002050DescriptionThe horse trough was built about 1924 when draught horses were still heavily used. Its use ceased in 1949/1950 and it was later converted into a garden. Behind, from the left, are P&O Building (1903), Dock Buildings (1898/1899), Phillimore Chambers (1899) and Dalgety Building (1901). Taken December 1935.Date1935Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection
Click on the image to add a tag or press ESC to cancel
Horse trough in Phillimore Street (1935). City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 19/03/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/17578