Reference numberLH003350DescriptionThe foundation stone for the second St John's was laid January 1879 and the Church was consecrated on 4.07.1882 by the Bishop of Perth, Henry Hutton Parry. In late 1906 or early 1907 the bell turret was added and in May 1908, eight stained glass windows were installed. In 1914, the original sheoak shingles on the roof were replaced by Welsh slate. The Town hall is on the right. From a postcard by Murray views.Date1950PhotographerMurray Views Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection