Reference numberLH005156DescriptionConstruction of the Fishing Boat Harbour commenced in 1946 with the building of stone breakwaters to provide safe anchorage for up to 400 vessels. Over the years a series of catwalks, mooring pens and jetties have been added by fishing companies and shipwrights and the capacity of the harbour has been greatly increased. A number of restaurants and cafes have been developed on the northern side of the harbour.Date1980Photograph FormatPhotographDigital ItemYes
RestrictionsContact the Fremantle History CentreConditions of useYou may print copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement e.g. [Image courtesy of City of Fremantle History Centre - Reference number]. To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution contact the Fremantle History Centre via email lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.auLocationPhotographic Collection
Click on the image to add a tag or press ESC to cancel
Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour (1980). City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 15/01/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/19859