Tydeman Road
DESCRIPTION
Named afterTo honour Frank William Edward Tydeman (1901-1995), General Manager and Chief Engineer, Fremantle Port Authority. DescriptionOriginally known as Pensioner Road. Changed to John Street by 1913, John Street to Tydeman Road, 1968. Nomenclature Advisory Committee granted approval for the future use of the name "Tydeman Road" in 1966. (Council Minutes 21/2/1966, p.75). City Engineer suggested 'Tydeman Road' for the new street created as a result of reclamation of the river foreshore between Striling Highway and Bruce Street (Council minutes 16.01.1967).
Place
Publication
RELATED
SuburbNorth Fremantle
Tydeman Road. City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 18/03/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/22184




