Interview with Colin Crompton / interviewed by Heather Campbell
DESCRIPTION
AuthorCrompton, Colin, 1921-; Campbell, HeatherDescriptionIn 1958 the local community commenced planning for a hall in White Gum Valley. The FCC provided land and the building was opened in 1959 and completed in 1962. The Local Association ran square dancing and used the hall, named after Jim Sullivan. In 1970, the property was purchased by the Education Department and later DOLA excised the portion of land that is the site of the buildings. In 1999 Fremantle City Council started a yearly agreement to rent the property at a peppercorn rental; the Council to maintain the hall and the Square Dance group to be the caretakers.ImprintFremantle : C, 2005Collation2 CDsLanguageEnglishDate Published2005Dewey ClassOH/CROAudio FormatCDDigital ItemYes
COPIES
Barcode30118000464697LocationOral History Collection
Request AccessPlease email the Fremantle History Centre: lhc@fremantle.wa.gov.au
Crompton, Colin, 1921-; Campbell, Heather, Interview with Colin Crompton / interviewed by Heather Campbell. City of Fremantle Local History Centre, accessed 19/03/2026, https://history.fremantle.wa.gov.au/nodes/view/48242